The Church of Saint George (San Giorgio) was completed in 1844 for the Anglican community who were an important part of merchant community in Livorno from the 16th century onwards. It was designed by local architect Angiolo Della Valle in the neo-Classical style. Today it belongs to the Misericordia of Livorno and is now often used for Orthodox mass serving the local Romanian population.
Location: Via Verdi, (in the Misericordia grounds, opposite the old English Cemetery).
Where to park: in pay-parking bays along Scali D'Azeglio and Scali Manzoni (canalside), in the pay-car park in Piazza Mazzini, or at the Odeon car park.
Bus: LAM Rosso