Via della Madonna. The Armenian community was already quite numerous in Livorno in the early 17th century and became well-integrated with the local community. The facade of their church is the most tangible remaining testimony of their presence in the city, while the church itself was destroyed during WWII.
It was built between 1701 and 1717 to a design by Giovanni del Fantasia and financed by a group of Armenian merchants. Via della Madonna is also the site of two other important historic churches: the Church of the Madonna, and the Greek Uniate Church, testimonies of Livorno's cosmopolitan history.