Cinema and theatre

Cinema Quattro Mori, Livorno

Founded in 1957 as part of the Palazzo del Portuale building opposite the old port, the Cinema Quattro Mori is the only wholly surviving independent cinema in the centre of Livorno. It is the city's largest cinema, with a capacity of over 650, and is also home to the Amici del Cinema film club. It also hosts occasional theatrical events.
From July to early September the film programme transfers to the open air cinema in Villa Fabbricotti.