The Fabbricotti rowing club (now part of the San Jacopo-Fabbricotti team) participated in the minor Palio races from 1954 under the name of Rione del Fanale. After a long break the team made a comeback in 1973. Today’s Sezione Nautica Fabbricotti was founded in 1978 when the four-man boat came first in the Palio Marinaro and was promoted to the 10-man race for the first time ever.
In 1984 the club won three of Livorno’s rowing races (the Risiatori, Barontini and the Palio Marinaro), sparking great enthusiasm in the team. The last victory was in 2005 when the Fabbricotti team won the Coppa Risiatori.
In 2013 the Fabbricotti team was incorporated into the San Jacopo-Fabbricotti team.