LAM BLU BUS ROUTE
- Starting from Livorno Railway Station, the LAM BLU takes a straight route along Viale Carducci right down to Piazza della Repubblica, then down Via Grande (get off here for Via della Madonna and the Central Market area).
- If you are already in the city centre and want to head out along the coast, you can catch the LAM BLU bus at Stop C in Via Grande, the first stop after Piazza Grande, as you head towards the port (cathedral on your left).
- The bus continues to the old Medici Port (past the Quattro Mori statue) at the far end of Via Grande.
- Here it turns left and follows the coast road south, past the Terrazza Mascagni and the Grand Hotel Palazzo. Get off here for the Fattori art gallery, a 5 minute walk along Via Forte dei Cavalleggeri.
- The bus passes the Church of San Jacopo and the Naval Academy, and then goes through Ardenza Mare and on to Antignano where it turns round at the stop called Miramare (next to the Baracchina Azzurra bar) to come back along the exact same route. (SEE ROUTE ON MAP BELOW)
Places of interest en route, as shown on the map: the Cisternone, Piazza della Repubblica, Fortezza Nuova, the canals, Piazza Grande, the cathedral, the Quattro Mori statue, the old port, the Benetti yacht building yard and old entrance to the former Orlando shipyard, the seafront, Terrazza Mascagni, the Grand Palazzo Hotel, San Jacopo Church, Naval Academy, the Liberty-style villas, the Ardenza and Antignano quarters.
The LAM BLU bus runs every 15 minutes from the station (every 30 minutes on Sundays and on public holidays), with additional buses in between these which only run as far as Ardenza Mare. The journey from the station to Antignano takes just over half an hour. From Piazza Grande it takes about 25 minutes.